Thanks for visiting

This blog is created for friends and family to follow the journey of Jackson as he under goes surgery to correct his little heart. This site will be updated frequently over the next few months to make sure that loved ones are updated on Jackson's health and recovery. Please take time to read Jed and January's story as they go through this difficult season. Support our dear friends by leaving a comment of encouragement (at the bottom of each entry click on the word "comments"), passing on the blog to others, and praying daily for little Jackson's heart.

Saturday, July 12, 2008

An answer to prayer...




Jed and I found out yesterday that Jackson's surgery will be moved ahead to July 24th instead of August 4th. Praise be to God! This is an answer to prayer as we had requested that the surgery be moved forward so that I could spend more time with Jackson during his recovery before I return to work. The nurse who called explained that another patient's surgery date had to be changed and that Dr. Lamberti, the cardiovascular surgeon who will be performing Jackson's operation, immediately placed Jackson in the open spot. What a blessing. My deepest gratitude to all of you who prayed on this matter. Please click on the following link to read more about Dr. Lamberti: Childrens Hospital San Diego

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

January,
Kristin shared your blog with me. Jackson is so precious! What a gift from God! I will be praying with you for his surgery on the 24th.
--Jennifer Mount

Anonymous said...

January,
Caryn Malak (teacher from Lincoln) shared your blog with me. You and your beautiful family are in my thoughts and prayers.
-Lindsey (Pelle) Christopherson

Anonymous said...

January and Jed,
I am a friend of your mom's in Washington State and she sent me this amazing story about your baby. My son was born 4 months premature and underwent heart surgery when he was 7 days old and only 1 pound. He is a healthy, happy 8 year old boy now and we are all stronger for it. You are so fortunate to have such a strong family and faith, they will get you through this.
God Bless! Jamie Brooks

Alton said...

Oh January, i see now you are going blog crazy: hit counter, age tracker, and so much more....

Looks great. BTW, I don't think Jackson and macy are good roommates.

Anonymous said...

Blessings January, Jed and Baby Jackson!
Autie CB and cousins Taylor and Madison just read Jackson's story, how precious. We are so glad they moved the surgery forward and we are praying for him. We love you and will visit soon!

littlemissmk said...

SO happy about the new surgery date- praise the Lord that it was bumped up!

anjuli paschall said...

we are sooo excited that God answered this prayed and moved the date. we love you all deeply and are prayig for you. love you!

HappyAndersons said...

Hi January,

It's Andrea Anderson, I taught 2nd grade at Lincoln...remember me?! I got word of your blog and wanted to stop by to say hi! Congratulations on being a new mommy! I will be praying for you and your family. Thanks for keeping us updated.

Blessings,
Andrea

Jocelyn Robertson said...

January, you and your sweet family will definitely be in my prayers. I love that you have the Kukabura song on this page. :)

Anonymous said...

January and Jed,

Lynn and I will be praying for all of you, for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery for Jackson. We love all of you very much.

patem said...

January,
My love and prayers are with you in these difficult days. Please call if you need anything! Thank you for sharing Jackson with us. He is precious. I love and miss you.
Em